Too many marketers have Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems in place that they are dissatisfied with, feeling as if they are not getting the results they paid for. Well, studies show that most people who are dissatisfied with their CRM feel this way because they have no idea how to make the most of it.
There are several things that you can do to maximize your CRM systems and find satisfaction, including:
- The first place to start is to receive training on the system. Not just you but your employees and colleagues as well. In addition, ensure that support is provided round the clock for those who need it. You may also consider getting a person to work as a CRM administrator, someone who does not necessarily need to be an IT tech. Using the system needs to be mandatory for your entire sales team, because they more it is used, the more important is becomes for how the business operates.
- It is important that your customer is the focus when you are selecting and implementing your Salesforce CRM, think of them, not just what you want to get from them. This means that you should focus on things like data collection and analysis and how it can help your customers among other things.
- The ability of your CRM to spit out reports is very important. Again, Salesforce CRM is one of the very best when it comes to reporting. You can be sure to get information on open quotes, new opportunities, recent activities, lost sales and more. With such reports, you will be able to make some of your most important business decisions not on a whim, but on tangible information and data.
- The Salesforce data loader is one of the benefits you can maximize on, especially if you collect a lot of data from your clients on a day to day basis. You can put all the records in the data loader and have the information analyzed and brought back to you in an organized fashion allowing you to make better business decisions.
- Of course you must celebrate, recognize and reward the successes you encounter from day to day. As people use the CRM correctly, take note of them and reward them and by so doing, you will better promote that culture within the organization.
- Salesforce CRM has some very good features other than the data loader that work together to give you excellent results. They include chatter, work.com, data migratory among others. It is important that you start off with the absolute essentials so as to minimize the learning curve and then introduce other features as you go along.
- One of the best things you can do is make sure you take the contact information of all your customers and even more important, potential customers! Then, with that information put into your Salesforce, and you can use it to contact them one on one and connect better than you would will a mass email. You will be surprised how this can increase the conversion rates.
Consistency is key! Make sure that you keep that CRM working every day, not just every now and then.