Looking at the State of the Agency in 2014, Acquisio surveyed a select group of SEM agency executives to get their take on their company’s direction and to see how the industry, we all work in, is progressing.
We wanted to know where search marketing agencies focused their efforts, where they spent their budgets, what their main challenges were and what areas they intend to work on in the future.
Here’s a sneak peek of what we found; for the full report download our “State of the SEM Agency: 2015 Sneak Peek of Search Marketing Agencies” ebook.
The State of the Agency Intro
Constantly striving to be the most effective choice for clients, SEM agencies have to stay on top of the myriad of changes in the digital marketing landscape in order to remain competitive. The channels they address and the types of digital advertising and verticals they focus on dictate their agency’s vision. Being able to clearly communicate this to prospects and clients is key for success.
State of the SEM Agency Today
Before getting to the exciting predictions and strategies of 2015, we analyzed how agencies identified themselves in the industry. We found out that:
- Despite the increased focus on mobile advertising, only 3% of agencies indicated that mobile ads generate more than 30% of their ad revenue.
- 26% of SEM agencies felt that growth was their biggest challenge in 2014.
- Ironically, when asking agencies how they differentiate their business, we found agencies’ responded similarly.
and more exciting info in relation to Search Marketing Agencies in 2014.
State of the SEM Agency Tomorrow
We wanted to know what new ad formats agencies plan to support, which new services they plan to offer and what agencies felt were the biggest opportunities of 2015. We found out that:
- 12% of agencies said that they did not intend to add any new services to their offering in 2015.
- The most popular new marketing service SEM agencies intend to offer in
t2015 is video support.
- 1/3 of the responding SEM agencies expect to explore video advertising in 2015.
For all the stats, responses and information on global SEM agencies today and tomorrow, download the full ebook.