It’s the most wonderful time of the year – nope, not Christmas (well, actually that’s pretty awesome) I’m talking about year-end review!
As the year closes all marketers are left analyzing what went right, what went wrong and which areas could use improvement for next year. Editors do something similar, looking at the most popular articles, and deciding how to modify the content strategy for the coming year.
At Acquisio, we’re looking at content from two angels:
- Which posts, published in any year, are getting the most interest in 2014
- Which posts, written this year, were most popular in terms of views
Here’s the list of the top articles of 2014:
Most viewed articles from 2014
5. New AdWords Feature: Ad Customizers, by Francis Shovlin
4. Google Adwords Website Call Conversions vs. Current Call Tracking Vendors, by Jillian Zacchia
3. The Future of Adwords: Google Announcement, by Erica Keller
2. How to Improve Your PPC Efforts with Broad Match Modifier Keywords, by Jason Parks
1. Boost your site’s visits by 66% with AdWords review extensions, By Hayley Coutinho
Best performing articles of 2014
5. Google AdWords’ Dirty Little Secret: U.S. Zip Code Targeting Sucks, by John Lee
4. 5 Dirty Little Secrets about AdWords Conversion Optimizer, by John Lee
3. Understanding Location Based Advertising, by Greg Rose
2. New to Online Marketing? Walk Before You Run, by John Lee
1. Google AdWords Modified Broad Match Keyword Tool, by Marc Poirier
So what have we learned? We’ll have to get John Lee to start writing more often! But honestly, with AdWords, Broad Match and dirty little secrets across the board it looks like our fans want to dig up all the dirt on AdWords. Well, good news fellas, we’ll keep delivering the inside scoop next year.
Let’s see what the big hits of 2015 will be.